Bow Revamp for Balancing
To be fair to melee fighters here I also suggest: (Not necessary all, but maybe a combination of some of these.)
• Archers shouldn’t be able to shoot over mountains. Unless they’re stepping on a tile of similar elevation.
• Steeper learning curve, level 1 archery should be really inaccurate in contrast to a level 10 archer.
• Bows need crafted arrows, and that requires wood and iron. (and feathers)
• Archers can only carry limited arrows.
• Arrows also hit trees & houses as obstructions.
• Arrows' effectiveness is reduced exponentially by armor of better quality/material.
• Arrows should have negligible knock back, compared to melee.
• Arrows can be blocked by shields.
• Arrows shouldn't be able to knock down stone buildings.
• Arrows shouldn't be able to hit multiple opponents, or at least a rare occurrence reserved only for the most skilled of archers.
• No more traveling arrows when the time is paused.